Thursday, 16 May 2013

The Great Gatsby


So this is it. Today here, in the Netherlands is a premier of the anticipated Baz Luhrmann's "The Great Gatsby" film. I am a big admirer of the works of F.Scott Fitzgerald and "The Great Gatsby" is one of my favorite books since I was 14. I was looking forward, itching to see the Luhrmann's interpretation of Fitzgerald's masterpiece for months, yet since the news of the new "Gatsby" film were broken I was doubting quite a lot whether the film will be a success (see here my thoughts on it back in July 2011). "The Great Gatsby" premiered in the United States on May 10th and already has made $51 million. However the film was accepted less enthusiastically (I would say "coldly") at the Cannes Film Festival. The film was met with the silence in the end while some people were already leaving during the film's premier. The responses were mildly saying "different". Tomorrow I will finally see the film myself. Make sure to check my facebook and instagram to find out my opinion on Luhrmann's "The Great Gatsby". Have you already seen the film? What do you think about it? Share your thoughts on it I'd love to hear all opinions! 

Вот и пришел конец ожиданию. Сегодня в Голландии состоится премьера уже нашумевшего фильма режиссера База Лурмана "Великий Гэтсби". Я большая поклонница трудов Ф. Скотта Фицджеральда, а "Великий Гэтсби" одна из моих любимых книг. С той минуты, когда я узнала о съемке нового "Гэтсби", я с нетерпением, ерзая и подпрыгиваяна стуле, ждала выхода фильма на широкий экран. Однако я сомневалась и сомневаюсь по сей день, удастся ли фильму передать всю красоту, печаль и трагедию жизни Гэтсби (читайте мои мысли по поводу нового фильма здесь, июль 2011). Премьера "Великого Гэтсби" состоялась в Америке 10 мая, фильм уже собрал более $51 миллиона. Однако на Каннском Фестивале "Великий Гэтсби" Лурмана был принят с меньшим энтузиазмом, если не сказать "с прохладой крещенских морозов". По окончанию фильма в зале воцарилась мертвая тишина, а некоторые зрители покинули зал еще до окончания премьерного показа. Деликатно говоря, фильм был принят по-разному. Завтра я наконец-то посмотрю  "Великий Гэтсби" своими глазами. Заходите на мою страничку в facebook и instagram, чтоб узнать мое мнение. А вы уже видели фильм? Что вы думаете о новом "Гэтсби"? С интересом жду ваших отзывов!

photo:www.weheartit.com


Follow me on:

33 comments:

  1. I have to confess that I'm diying to watch this movie, I wan't to go this weekend and i think the experience will be worth it at least to see Di Caprio and the fabulous flapper dresses.
    Have a great week Alexandra

    Pd I'm hosting an OASAP GIVEAWAY, I INVITE YOU TO PARTICIPATE.

    www.city-aholic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alexandra! Can't wait to see the movie too, am so excited in fact! Looking forward to read your impressions and review! Kisses dear, have a good day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see it.

    Valeria
    http://myurbanmarket.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will be looking forward to the review, though I do hope the movie is worth seeing. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! Very nice blog and interesting posts, great atmosphere.
      Have a nice day. :)
    We cordially invite you to our blog:
    - Problems with your computer? Or maybe the problem with the program? http://technicznieinformatycznie.blogspot.com/
    - Photography equipment, passion. http://photographyismyexistence.blogspot.com/
    I hope you also enjoy it with us.

    Greetings!

    "Do what you love is not even that, but anyway"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fitzgerald is also one of my favourite authors. I really enjoyed reading the Great Gatsy, but my favourite book he wrote, is the Beautiful and Damned ;) I can't wait to see this movie, though! The premiere in Poland is tomorrow :)

    xoxo

    new post on my blog:)

    http://thestylemaze.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. It best be brilliant as its been hyped beyond belief. It worried me when I heard LMFAO mite be on the soundtrack. Beyond crass! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't yet! But I will do it SOON! Everybody is talking about it..besides the clothes are AMAZING! The other day I passed by Brooks brothers and they had an exposition in the store with some dresses from the movie..beautiful!!

    http://thegoldenpaillettes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw the movie and I liked it a lot, especially for the atmosphere and the costumes :)
    I definitely follow you...would you like to follow each other?

    http://nancymaterialgirl.blogspot.it/

    xoxo Nancy S.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for visiting my blog. I'm also following you.

    http://ulianna-life.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Я 19 мая иду) Уже нет сил ждать!!! Очень хочется посмотреть! Непременно расскажу о своих впечатлениях!
    Сашенька, наконец-то завела себе инстаграм и подписалась на вас. Вы были в моем списке обязательных подписчиков! ;)
    Буду рада, если и вам придется мой инстаграм, так как там проще общаться, чем через комментарии) Я там подписана как @maktub07
    Жду новых постов!
    Анастасия

    http://tastyrumors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Havent see the movie yet... but had a post about it...

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't seen it and I'm actually pretty sure I will not since the trailer wasn't my taste at all and I didn't find it interesting. but I have noticed quite a few ads about it everywhere around me and I think it's quite popular in Estonia too.. or at least for many Estonians it is, not for all of course :P

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've always enjoyed the book, I was able to see the film this week and liked it a lot, the soundtrack is also nice. :)/Madison

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to see the movie!!, i love this book!
    xo
    Valentina
    http://peopleandpie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't seen it and I'm not sure if I will but I'm looking forward to your thoughts about it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi dear, I am looking forward to reading your review of the movie...I have never seen the original so I guess I won't have anything to compare it to. A special thank you for your constant kindness on my blog...wishing you a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My only advice is to see it in 3-D, because it was filmed that way and soo very awesome!


    XX,
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm going to see it tonight :)

    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. So I went to see this movie yesterday and I must admit that I have mixed feelings about it. Have you seen it? What do you think? :) I am so curious!



    new post on my blog ;)

    xoxo

    http://thestylemaze.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Can't wait to see this movie and first of all its outfits!!

    xoxo

    Julia from aboyeur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. love the sound of it!! really wanna see it!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ah, that movie is definitely on my watch list! :)

    callmemaddie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi beautiful!! Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate it like always :)
    Amazing post, this is a really great film!!
    Come to see my new post at;
    http://peaceinmyshoes.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loved your post, very well done, congratulations.
    We are always following your wonderful work.
    Kisses Glorinha.
    http://sbrincos.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  26. It was also my favorite book since I was a young teen, and I used to be able to quote the back of the book by heart--so glad to see that was in the movie. I was disappointed a bit, but it had not gotten good reviews here so I wasn't expecting much. However that crystal dress she wore...still dreaming of that!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  27. я в восторге от фильма, хотя когда читала книжку особого удовольствия не получила) декорации да и игра Ди Каприо просто роскошны!
    mary2be.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I really can't wait to see it! Leo <3 x

    http://girlinthelens.com/

    ReplyDelete