Wednesday, 24 April 2013

Travelling: London, Spring Time


When you live abroad and incredibly miss your family and friends the short meetings you are lucky to have with them become absolutely special and somehow unforgettable.  One of my bff's and I we both moved to different countries at the same time and meeting up became even more difficult. This time we've chosen a neutral territory - our favorite city, London. The plan for the weekend was gigantic. We've run through the city like maniacs giggling and laughing like we were 10 again. We shopped, had some lovely very English food - tapas (joking;) and we visited beyond impressive Roy Lichtenstein exhibition at Tate Modern (I think you already guessed by my Iphone case that I'm a big fan of Lichtenstein's work).
Needless to say - the best weekend!

Когда живешь заграницей и невероятно скучаешь по семье и друзьям, те короткие встречи с ними, подаренные судьбой, становятся абсолютно незабываемыми и бесценными. Одна из моих лучших подруг и я, мы переехали в другие страны в одно и то же время, и встречаться стало еще труднее. В этот раз мы выбрали нейтральную территорию -  наш любимый город, Лондон. План на выходные был грандиозным. Мы носились по городу, заливаясь смехом, как будто нам снова было по 10 лет. Мы устроили целое показательное выступление в примерочных магазинов, ели традиционную английскую еду - тапас (шучу, шучу:), и дошли-таки до впечатляющей выставки Роя Лихтенштейна в Тэйт Модерн (я обожаю его работы).
Что ж, не стоит и говорить, что выходные выдались на славу!


I probably should have titled this post as "the most weird places and ways to take a photo". Shadows, reflections, round metallic balls, windows, etc. - were my best friends or better to say tools while I was snapping our happy faces.

Пожалуй, мне стоило назвать этот пост "самые странные места для съёмки". Тени, отражения, большие блестящие металлические  шары, асфальт и витрины, все они были моими лучшими друзьями, а лучше сказать, помощниками, пока я старалась запечатлеть наши счастливые физиономии.


I'm wearing: shirt Sinequanone, denim G Star, jacket Maje, shoes Converse, bag Celine, sunglasses vintage Ray Ban, watch Michael Kors   


Follow me on:

37 comments:

  1. great! lucky you always travelling..like it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexandra, let me say that I have enjoyed so so much your photos! They show all the fun you have had and are truly bright, cheerful and super nice! I'm in love with the first pic of you, you look so happy and beautiful! The outfit is perfect, London is absolutely a great city! Thanks so much for sharing your snaps! Have a good day dear, kisses! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha I have the SAME photo with my friend reflecting in that silver ball!! ;P and...let me tell you that I'm OBSESSED with your bag! :D

    http://thegoldenpaillettes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a fantastic trip Alexandra! London looks nice and sunny and I love seeing the blossoming trees everywhere - that's why I love spring!

    must be great seeing your bff after a long time. I couldn't imagine my life without my great friends, even if we don't see each other that often anymore - that stupid life keeps happening all the time lol. but the more valuable the time spent with them is I guess.

    Glad to see you had a nice trip to London!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ты выглядишь очень счастливой, а ведь по другому и быть не может в таком-то городе! Да еще и с лучшей подругой! Видно, что отлично провели время!
    http://irinatoropova.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi beautiful!! Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate it like always :)
    Btw you look so stunning, that outfit is so stylish on you :)
    Come to see my new post in the water at;
    http://peaceinmyshoes.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice outfit. looks fun and a good place to go!
    XO

    NO ORDINARY SHOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. it indeed was an awesome trip, dear Alexandra :) you ladies look so happy and relaxed. and the surroundings are simply gorgeous. oh and your descriptions sound very familiar, hehe. good food, fun times, shopping, sights, just like I assumed ;)
    you look great in your casual ensemble and I can't wait to see how did your shopping go :P

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  9. очень атмосферные фотографии) и сумка замечательная

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wao, that looks like such a fun awesome trip! It makes me SO happy that you could meet up with one of your BFF's!

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. amazing pics, beautiful bag!!
    paolasophia.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love london and i love your bag!
    beautgeorge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Как всё интересно!Такие солнечные позитивные фотографии!)Желаю ещё больше ярких и впечатлений и отличных выходных!

    Мэри,http://marybellworld-marybellworld.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  14. very nice pics
    lovely your outfit
    xx
    http://thedesire.blogs.elle.es/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just found your blog and I love it!
    such an amazing post and layout!!
    check my blog if you want too:)
    click -> Tr3nDyGiRL Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like lovely spring weather you had in London! So lovely that you meet your bff in fun places like that!

    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.k

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've never been to LDN before but lots of my friends are living there, very beautiful place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have been in London only once, but I would so love to visit it again!

    callmemaddie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. looks like you're having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  20. it is good and very important to have such friend- fantastic bag<3

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can see fro your photos that you had so much fun. And I couldn't agree more about meetings with beloved ones, since I have moved and live abroad every meeting is special. You look so happy in these photos and so effortlessly stylish.
    Happy weekend!

    xoxo Ra

    http://ramona-strikeapose.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous outfit, I really love it, especially your bag!<3

    xx

    www.ONTHEBRIGHTSTYLE.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Как же это здорово вот так провести выходные с добрыми друзьями! Классные фотки!
    Хорошего дня!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You lucky girl... I want to be in London!


    XX,
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  25. lovely pictures from london, you're lucky you came when its nice and warm because it doesnt happen often. :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Приятно встретится с близкими друзьями, которых давно не видел. Фото вышли очень теплыми и можно даже сказать почти семейными)
    Заходите в гости:http://fanojournal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Mmmm London, sounds great!
    Love your bag!

    xx
    Kelly

    http://thekelluuu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great pics! Love this city

    Have a nice day

    http://animasorella.blogs.elle.es/

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm so happy you had such a great time in London, a city I truly love! Many of my friends live in other countries so I perfectly understand the joys of organising meetings in 'neutral' territories, what a great excuse to travel! Caterina

    ReplyDelete
  30. We loved your post, wonderful.
    We wish you a great Sunday.
    Kisses Glorinha.
    http://sbrincos.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ахахах! Сразу видно, что две подружки встретились! Уверена, вам было очень весело в Лондоне! Город сам пор себе удивительный, а если человек попадает туда с такими же сумасшедшими хохотушками, как и он сам, то размах дня 100-процентно набирает обороты!
    Здорово, что ты из Голандии можешь свободно выезжать, не думая о границах, визах и проч.документации!
    Анна

    ReplyDelete
  32. Alexandra on sneakers, I am IN SHOCK!!! I love how you made em chich with the blouse and bag :-)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi!! :)
    I really like your blog and your style!
    I´m following you :)
    maybe if you want, you could visit my blog too,
    and if you like it, follow me back!
    http://modacapital-blog.com
    kiss

    ReplyDelete