Friday, 15 February 2013

New York Fashion Week: Fall 13 Favorites

Carolina Herrera, Marches, Tory Burch
New York fashion Week didn't disappoint. I can't say that there was one mind-blowing trend shown on the catwalks, or one particular designer to talk about, or one radical change to transform the whole fashion world once and forever. No. The fashion week was pleasant but with nothing going beyond the fashion canons. My personal favorites could be reduced to the following.
A sweet countryside romance drawn from Jane Austen books seen at Carolina Herrera, Marchesa and Tory Burch.
A powerful woman seen at Donna Karan, Michael Kors and Tibi. I call the vision of the women of XXI century by Karan and Smilovic "modern Amazons"
A retro feel, sweet and nostalgic reference to the first half of the XX century seen at Marc Jacobs, Badgley Mischka and Marc by Marc Jacobs. And if Marc Jacobs repeats the theme twice in the collections of his two brands - the trend is obvious.
"From Russia with Love" well known theme is back. Tsarists, aristocratic Russia with an injection of colourful chic of Caucasus of that epoch was seen at Ralph Lauren. Meanwhile Misha Nonoo and Francisco Costa gave their preferences to post-revolutionary Russia. 
Life is so electric at least in Diane von Furstenberg, Oscar de la Renta and Jason Wu opinion. I wouldn't mind to look onto the world through Maestro de la Renta rose-tinted glasses along with trying his bright fuchsia creation.  

Неделя Моды в Нью-Йорке не разочаровала. Я бы не сказала, однако, что нам были показаны из ряда вон выходящими коллекции, что кто-то из дизайнеров особо бросился в глаза или, что мир моды был радикально изменен каким-либо новшеством. Нет. Неделя Моды оказалась приятной, но довольно спокойной, все в рамках приличия, как говорится. Мне лично особо понравившиеся и запомнившиеся тренды можно свести к следующим:
Деревенская романтика, как будто бы почерпанная из книг Джейн Остин, представленная на показах Carolina Herrera, Marchesa и Tory Burch.
 Сильная женщина XXI века, чей образ был создан  Donna Karan, Michael Kors и Tibi. Я же назвала моделей, гордо вышагивающих на показах Donna Karan и Tibi, современными Амазонками.
Назад в прошлое, Marc Jacobs, Mark Badgley и James Mischka отправили нас в путешествие по ретро волнам начала ХХ века. А если Marc Jacobs использует одну и туже тему в коллекциях своих двух брендов - тренд на лицо. 
Из России с любовью. Русская тематика снова в моде. Ralph Lauren, создавая свою коллекцию, очевидно черпал вдохновение из царской, аристократической России с примесью ярких красок Кавказа той эпохи. Misha Nonoo и Francisco Costa обратили свой взор к пост-революционной России в поисках образов для их осенних коллекций.
Жизнь ярка и прекрасна, по крайней мере по мнению Diane von Furstenberg, Oscar de la Renta и Jason Wu. Я бы не отказалась посмотреть на мир через розовые очки маэстро de la Renta, а вместе с этим и примерить его божественное ярко-розовое бальное платье.

Donna Karan, Michael Kors, Tibi
Marc Jacobs,  Badgley Mischka, Marc by Marc Jacobs
Calvin Klein Collection, Ralph Lauren, Nonoo Ny


Follow me on:

38 comments:

  1. Прекрасный выбор! Особенно понравился Джейкобс!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved Michael Kors collection. I really like this selection.

    Valeria
    International giveaway: http://myurbanmarket.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wrote about my favourites today, too. Always curious to see what other people picked. :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alexandra! As every year NYFW was my fav! Too much style and coolness have seen on the runways! Agree on what you share, especially Ralph Lauren collection stole my heart, too amazing!! As well as Jason Wu's one!!! Happy weekend dear, kisses! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. oo i find!!!pink dress amazing woow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This Tibi outfit with the leather skirt make my heart beats faster......
    Best Regards
    Miss Margaret Cruzemark
    http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. О, спасибо за отличный обзор! Буду изучать детально:-)

    xxx
    Таня

    http://www.bonnie23blog.blogspot.com/


    My FACEBOOK

    My LOOKBOOK

    My TWITTER

    ReplyDelete
  8. Я тоже с удовольствием рассматривала фото с показов... Мечтаю увидеть все своими глазами!))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! My fave was Tibi :)

    x

    east-coast-toast.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing trends for spring!
    lovey xx
    eraklia

    ReplyDelete
  11. The decadent Russian/Oriental inspired style is gorgeous! I imagine it must be even more impressive to see to see it all during the fashion shows on the catwalk... ;) Simply being in New York is so, so, so GREAT! :)

    Great post - now I'm even more impatient about spring fashion! I cant wait for the snow to melt and the temperature to rise again!

    Much love
    Ninon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tibi & Badgley Mischka are my fav´s :)

    http://nudelovesnerd.blogspot.de/
    &
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nlovesnfashionblog

    xxx
    D

    ReplyDelete
  13. i loved oscar. never fails. ever. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post
    Love Michael kors
    XX
    http://thedesire.blogs.elle.es/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Oscar de la Renta!
    Kiss
    Ester
    www.sofashionsoglam.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi sweety, thanks for the excellent roundup, I have exams so no time to see or post about fashion week. This post was the perfect catch up for me. Love Marchesa, Herrera, de la Renta and BMischka!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My favorites were Ralph Lauren (of course!!), CH, and Oscar de la Renta...true magic!!

    http://thegoldenpaillettes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. reading your thoughts about different fashion weeks is always interesting. same thing this time because otherwise I wouldn't know anything about NYFW :P
    my favourites are Marc by Marc Jacobs (the best!) and also I love the neon pink dress with that amazing print. I would totally wear it when it was shorter.

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your roundup! I adore that MJ pink coat, the Ralph Lauren show and of course all the beauty at the Oscar show...Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  20. great summary! loved catching all the collections at style.com!
    its now moved over to london!
    A
    www.23ofashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. Alexandra, thanks for sharing your favourites! Oscar de la Renta was a great show (for many reasons...) and I liked the looks at Tibi and Marc by Marc Jacobs. But personally, the catwalks I'm going to look forward the most are the Parisian ones...Hope you are enjoying a nice w-e! Caterina

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great picks, I loved Oscar de la Renta and Marc Jacobs!

    xo
    - J
    www.jessglamdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello dear Alexandra!
    I love your favorites from NYFW and I had the chance to see Tibi show while I was there... Pure perfection and a very great show!
    I love as well Marc by Marc Jacobs and Michael Kors, so great all the pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  24. these are fantastic!
    Wondering if you would like to follow each other?
    Please let me know! :) I follow back right away.
    xoxo
    yuliconversations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. fantastic post thank you for sharing <3 great blog Dear- would you like to follow each other just let me know I wait for you on my blog xo xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Some of your favorites from New York Fashion Week is like mine too :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi again!
    Nice post... I hope you will like "Martha Marcy May Marlene".
    Your newest follower

    http://filmandotherstories.blogspot.se/

    ReplyDelete
  28. I loved Victoria Beckham's and Calvin Kleins collections. :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely collections! Thanks for sharing.

    -Vogue&Heels
    vogueandheels.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love NY Fashion Week! Donna Karan is my favorite of all! Great post honey! :)

    http://petiteadalid.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love Carolina Herrera and Ralph Lauren's looks!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete