Wednesday, 12 September 2012

NYFW favourites

Though the fashion weeks have just begun the bright excitement about truly impressive S/S 13 collections already overflows me. It's difficult to choose when so many talented people present the results of their hard work and brilliant minds. However some went undeniably and undoubtedly beyond even their own best.

Victoria Beckham presented a strong collection full of tailored separates and signature dresses. The laconic design reminded me somehow the best of Hermes designs. Clean lines, good tailoring and powerful sexiness streamed from the catwalk was the key of Mrs Beckham success. 




Rodarte is in any case my all times favourite. Though the eccentric collection exceeded the expectations. The collection seemed to be inspired by the medieval tales - armour-like vests and knits, heavy leather jackets and graphic blocks of colours will indeed empower any woman. 


Tory Burch has created a true-american-girl: dreamy dresses, accessories made from natural materials, sweet braids, sunny colours and a lot of corn all over the weightless dresses, feminine pencil skirts and the carpetbags. American dream has officially come true.  


Oscar de la Renta brings an evening drama created through the "after-dark" shorts, reach jewellery colours, feathers embroidered cocktail dresses and lace decorated skirt suits. Versatility of the collection will satisfy the demand of both a femme fatale and a sweet next door girl.


J Crew's head of women's design Tom Mora has dug his inspiration from a real life beauty. Tops, shorts, skirts - all are decorated with the most whimsical flowers and insects. The pants made yet another BIG appearance. 



Follow me on:

30 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about and wondering where you have been ...long time no talk..and then I see a post!
    LOVING Victoria Beckham also loved rag & bone and rebecca Minkhoff!
    Sheree xxxx
    www.itsnotthatdeep.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the Rodarte one, and boy. by Band of outsiders.

    Simona
    www.lakenmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was not hard at all for me to pick my favourites from your selection ;)
    firstly I like the white Oscar de la Renta ensemble. it's wonderful! and secondly I just looove those J Crew pieces - so wearable and so awesome! totally something I would wear daily :)
    great post overall, Alexandra!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alexandra! First of all I wanted to say thank you for all your comments, it is a pleasure read them from u:)) Btw, I agree with you, these collections are very stunning, so hard to choose favs when u see everyone was so good!:)Im wating the NYFW will be over to see in details them all:) Great post dear, love how you reviewed them accurately:) Kisses!:*

    ReplyDelete
  5. great selection of pics! i fell in love with the green dress, so hot!
    love
    Mic.-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rodarte and Oscar de la Renta have such amazing collections. Gorgeous!!!

    LOVE BO,
    PurePreciousPerfection.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. arh....you are right, Victoria's collection did remind me of HERMES also!!!! good catch!!!

    EDGYMIX-Travel for Fashion”

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous post, all the collections are so pretty!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. oscar is always such an artist

    ReplyDelete
  10. Обожаю вещи от виктории бэкхам, она очень талантлива!!

    very nice blog by the way ;)

    kisses from Russia,
    Juliet

    !!! LEAVE COMMENT AND WIN RAY-BAN ON MY BLOG !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. miradas hermosas ¡¡¡!

    http://losviajesysibaritismosdeauroraboreal.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi dear, thanks for your kind comment, I hadn't seen the Tory Burch show, from these pics, it looks really elegant. Victoria's collection was so chic and superb and love de la Renta too, Great update hun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm in love with that jcrew collection!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great review!!!! :P
    If I have to choose one it would be OSCAAAR! he is the boss :)

    http://thegoldenpaillettes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oscar de la Rentas designs are always fascinating and J.Crew is just very my closet. it's a great post and reminded me that I should check collections from NYFW myself - just haven't found the time or the energy yet.. I haven't even kept my eye on streetstyle blogs either and they are always on the top my reading list during fashion weeks. shame on me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi dear, I love this review! My favourite is the Oscar de la Renta collection! Just followed you on gfc/525 and bloglovin/78, I will be happy if you follow back,
    xx chris

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for your visit and kind comment on my blog!!
    Great photos!
    Have a lovely day!

    http://simplement-heureuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm in love with Victoria Beckham's collection! Gets better each season xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great review. This collction was the 1st of VB's that I've actually liked, and that could be worn by women who aren't the same body shape as her. I also loved del la Renta and Rodarte, but was also really impressed with Vera Wang.
    http://justmeedee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Verry nice post!
    Thank you for the nice comment on my blog!X

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great selection. Although Victoria's collection is still a little classic i enjoy the minimalism that she exposes in each dress. Rodarte? Gorgeous! I wish I had that dress! Tory Burch actually surprised me, love the white dress with red details! I am your new follower honey, big kiss, Maira

    www.myselffashionshow.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I always die over Victoria Beckham's collection. She does a fantastic job with her shows.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  23. Victoria Beckham is among my favourites as well. And the most fabulous gown I saw is that gorgeous striped dress at Oscar de la Renta.
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love all the collections, except of Victoria Beckham!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank for sharing your favourites! Last week I've been so busy that I feel I'm missing the fashion week action...in any case, the J.Crew collection did not escape me as, season by season, they always manage to create some of the most amazing (and wearable) pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  26. J Crew and Tory Burch are for sure my favorites this season but all the collections presented here are excellent !

    ReplyDelete