Tuesday, 18 September 2012

LFW: Burberry Prorsum S/S13


Who said we like a classic trench coat? Who needs a classic trench coat when Christopher Bailey shows  the endless spectrum of the most secret fantasies come true in the most magnificent shapes and colours. Burberry Prorsum Spring/Summer 13 collection was a spectacular show and yet another Bailey's creation to drool over. Bailey succeeded to communicate the two sides of the brand - a very Burberry glamour feminine side and a modern, not less feminine but more aggressive side - all by means of the trench coats. Pencil skirts, peplums, waist nipped coats in a rainbow variety of colours and overwhelming variety of fabrics were pleasantly fresh to the tempted fashion crowd.  Yet the head turners were the new coats - the coats with the oversized sleeves, roundish shapes, slightly reminding us somewhere on the periphery of our concious minds this season's Celine coats. 
Who wants a classic trench coat when we saw the white double-breasted vision? Definitely not me.

Кто сказал, что мы любим классический тренч? Кому нужен классический тренч, после того, как Кристофер Байли показа нам нескончаемый спектр самых потаенных фантазий, воплощающихся во всевозможных формах и цветах в явь. Коллекция модного дома Burberry Prorsum весна-лето 13 стала не только  захватывающим  зрелищем, но и очередным созданием Байли, от которого у миллиона женщин (да и не только) останавливаются сердца в практически религиозном трепете. Байли удалось показать обе стороны бренда: классический гламур и женственность против все той же женственности, но в более современной, агрессивной форме - и все это посредством тренч пальто. Юбки-карандаш, баска, затянутые на талии плащи, представленные во всех цветах радуги и сотворенные из самых немыслимых материалов, приятно удивили искушенный взор публики. Хотя истинный переворот совершили новые пальто - пальто с округлыми формами и "умышленно" чересчур широкими  рукавами, слегка напоминающие где-то в отдалении нашего сознания пальто дома Celine. 
Кто хочет классический тренч, когда мы все были свидетелями белого двубортного видения? Точно не я.



Follow me on:

38 comments:

  1. I AM OBSESSED ITH THE WHITE ONE ON THE BOTTOM..THOSE SLEEVES! I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY ARE STILL DOING THE PINK AND RED COLORBLOCKING..A LITTLE OLD TO ME BUT STILL AMAZING!
    NOW ARE YOU SUPPLYING THE MONEY TOO SO WE CAN BUY ON OF THESE BAD BOYS :)
    SHEREE XXX
    www.itsnotthatdeep.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so nice!
    agoratopronta.blogspot.com.br
    Beijos Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was stunned by his new trench! just cool, in the color and in the texture!! great post Alexandra! kisses!:*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like those two different greenish coats and also the classy red one. luckily I already own a green one and it's nice to see Burberry also prefers green :P
    but when it comes to those oversized sleeves then I'm not the biggest fan.. I think I'm neutral at this point. sometimes I pretty much like those but sometimes not ;)

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  5. All these looks are amazing!

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi dear, great review and round up of this fantastic show. I saw it and became immediately obsessed with the colours and cute capes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your blog is lovelyy!
    I am your newest follower+BlogLovin, follow back?
    http://www.ashleythefashionguru.blogspot.com
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmm.. these colors are crazy great ! I love for winter colorful coats/trench and I already start to purchase :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an amazing collection. I really love all of those items <3

    -Doris

    ReplyDelete
  10. definitely statement coats..loving the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg..these looks are amazing..i love this colorssssssssssssssssssssssssssss<3 Winter Is Coming!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing coats, really beautiful !!
    I'm following you now :)
    Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so so cool. Your blog totally rocks!!!
    Best Regards
    Miss Margaret Cruzemark
    http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are all so chic. I am obsessed with all the color. Love your blog, come check out mine!velvetcupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just saw some pictures on another site and fell in love! So pretty. If I could afford not just a plain trench but a colorful metallic one I definitely would have both!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the Burberry collection! It exudes a beautiful level of romance in terms of colors and shapes!

    http://www.themirroronthewall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. omg! the green sequined skirt with the blue peplum top is to DIE FOR!! by far my favorite :)

    http://thegoldenpaillettes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Still haven't got a trench coat, and I truly need one.
    Great collection, specially love the white coat, looks stunning and the shape of the sleeves looks great.
    Great post Alexandra!!
    Kisses
    city-aholic.blogspot.com.es
    Iim hosting an INTERNATIONA GIVEAWAY on the blog if you want to enter

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love burberry english mood: sophisticated and so feminin

    Pretty To Be Happy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love those trenches!!! Great post! Would you maybe like to follow each other on gfc??

    xx

    eve

    www.themefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous collection, Burberry is one of my favorite brand :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Широкие рукава дейсвительно удивили в хорошем смысле! думаю, многие модницы согласятся, что добрый знакомый прямой рукав уже поднадоел.
    А Байли поклон!
    Хотелось бы эти тренчи примерить!
    Аня

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have such an obsession with Burberry's runway shows. They do a great job.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  24. This collection is so cool! I´m in love with the green coat with the black belt!
    kisses chris

    ReplyDelete
  25. The absolute best!! I loved this collection - so upbeat and beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. what to say, just perfect. Love the untipical colors (from them, I mean for them). Love your blog, following u now!

    ReplyDelete
  27. loving the collection!! <3

    www.myladyboudoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. oh! so lovely collection!
    p.s. check my blog out! i've got a surprise for you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi dear, loved reading your review, you've summed up this beautiful collection so well. I loved the colours and really hope to see it filter down into department stores, the trenches with the capelets were just stunning, loved the dip-dyed effect too. Loved post! HAppy FRiday!

    ReplyDelete
  30. wow..such a beautiful collection!! Ah, right now I am not having any fashion sense at all because of my upcoming travels..but luckily I have YOU!!ahahaah.

    so happy to see this dear:)

    http://www.edgymix.com

    hey I forgot to ask you, I love your blog, do you want to follow each other on facebook or pinterest?:) let me know and I follow right back:))

    EDGYMIX Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is a awesome collection. Love your blog btw!
    I'm a new follower! Hope you follow back :)

    http://kathastrophee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. I have watched the whole show on Youtube and I must say that I wasn't that enthusiatic about it. I didn't like the metallics (especially not in those colours) and I guess I am more a classic trench coat girl ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  33. love these outfits! and your blog!

    chloe xo xo xo

    www.bloominfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  34. Not among my favourites this year. It rarely happens, but it's the truth. Plus, the coats do remind me of Celine.
    Ada

    ReplyDelete