Sunday, 27 May 2012

My looks: Little White Dress


Coco Chanel was a woman of a great mind. Besides basically inventing a little black dress she's also warned all women that each and every must have a LBD on hand suitable for any life situation. Mademoiselle Chanel was right, almost right.  Alongside with a little black dress every woman's closet has to contain a little white dress. 
The situation:
Saturday, morning, already heated sun is peeking through the half closed curtains. I'm facing a problem, two: what to wear and how not to cause a quarrel with my heavenly patient boyfriend who looks not-so-patiently-any-more at his watch waiting for me to solve the first "what to wear" problem. And before the fatal consequences of me not being able to make a choice arrive I slip into a LWD which is perfect for the summer weather, comfortable, easy to dress up or down and solves both my problems. I don't know whether Coco invented her little black dress theory having the same life threatening circumstances. But whatever it was I'm thankful to her and any other designer creating LBD or LWD to save me a lot of time and nerves:)
__________________________________
Коко Шанель была женщиной гениального ума. Она не только дала жизнь маленькому черному платью, но и предупредила всех женщин, что каждая должна иметь одно такое платье под рукой на все случаи жизни. Мадемуазель Шанель была права, или почти права. Помимо маленького черного платья шкаф любой из нас должен бережно хранить и маленькое белое платье.
Ситуация:
Суббота, утро, уже успевшее расколиться солнце проглядывает сквозь полузакрытые шторы. Я столкнулась лицом к лицу с проблемой, двумя: что же одеть и как не вызвать ссору с моим ангельски терпеливым молодым человеком, который уже-совсем-не-по-ангельски-и-нетерпеливо смотрит на часы в ожидании меня, решающую первую проблему. Не дожидаясь фатальных для меня последствий долгого выбора, я надеваю маленькое белое платье. Не знаю, такие же жизненно опасные обстоятельства заставили Коко изобрести ее теорию маленького черного платья, или нет, но я безусловно благодарна ей и другим дизайнерам, создающим маленькие черные и белые платья, за спасение моего времени и нервов:)


First look: Massimo Dutti dress, Supertrash sandals, straw bag from Cuba, vintage earrings, Ettika bracelets
Second look: Zara dress & clutch, Mango sandals, vintage earrings, bracelets: vintage & Ettika

46 comments:

  1. Perfect LWD... I am sure the wait was worth it! You look perfectly chic!

    http://danaslookbook.blogspot.com

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fully agree with your concept of a Little White Dress, its so light and fresh for summer. Yours is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the white dress, they are absolutely essential for summer! You look lovely :) xx

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!!

    http://theannelicious.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zamechatel'no! Ya tozhe ne mogu predstavit sebya bez LWD. A chernogo u menya dazhe net - net lublu etot tsvet. :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your clutch!!!

    ******Giorgia******
    www.gvn-styleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. so pretty and simple! i love the little overlay detail

    -Jessica
    http://runninginsideus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Alexandra, first of all I'm so happy that we can finally enjoy the sun! I cannot believe that we skipped spring and now we are in full summer mood (and temperature)! I'm a fan of white dresses: so simple and so elegant! Both look great on you, but I simply love the first one...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love everything!! =)

    xoxo,
    thelivingcloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing beats a simple and chic white dress. This one is perfect! Love the bright, tribal bag, it really pops against this outfit :)

    Enter to win a $50 voucher for Dark Horse Jewelry!
    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alexandra, the sun is GLORIOUS! :D A white dress is perfect for the sun, and I love that clutch - gorgeous! xx

    http://cinnamonspring.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. i like the theme of your blog. ;) great layout!

    about your post: you're so right about the little white dress! (what else can you always wear when going to the beach or into town in a sunny day? :) your outfit is gorgeous, i especially like your bag! it's so indie! :))

    love
    ninon

    ReplyDelete
  13. great outfit!

    http://fantasy-meets-reality.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to agree - in fact I took it one step further and have said you should also have a little red dress (perfect for dressing down for dinners out or dressing up for nights out. Your little white dress is perfect however and I adore the back plunging detailing. Hope you had a lovely weekend :)

    Anna xo
    http://www.lifesshinyprettythings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Первое платье очень вам идет, а у второго look'а клатч интересный! Он бисером расшит?

    Анастасия

    http://berry-berrylove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looking at your photos I seriously think I have to buy a white dress :) You look great, I especially like the first outfit, for the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LWDs are the perfect starting point for easy summer outfits. I have a half dozen in my closet!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm totally in love this outfit !!:D

    xoxo Oana:)

    www.style-muses.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this look! The white dress is really pretty! love how you styled it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. The dress is really pretty!

    xoxo M
    I just started my blog up again, please check it out on
    http://maikenms.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a pretty dress! You remind me of Emma Stone! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    PS. New post is up on my blog. Check it out whenever you have time!
    Style-Delights Blog

    ReplyDelete
  22. The LWD is underrated, it's just as chic as black! So cute for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful look!

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. thank god for patient boyfriends right? i have to say mine is heavenly patient too when it comes to waiting after me since unfortunately this happens a lot when i don't find my keys, my wallet, my shoes or i just cannot decide what to wear. he's truly amazing that way - i know i'd be going nuts if i were in his position!
    love your dresses! especially the first one! and i love sort of lazy clothing items which doesn't require lot of thinking. makes it so much easier in the mornings :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous look! Love the dress and clutch!!

    Xx
    www.estellelamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. lovely dress!! but your clutch is gorgeous!!! I want it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. cute and chic outfit! Loved it :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. LBD and WBD are life savers! haha I like the sandals from both looks!

    xxx
    - Laura
    http://ucouldbemysomeone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. such a simple chic dress! I LOVE IT! Xox <3 hautepinkpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. so sweet. your clutch is amazing, so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  31. The dress, the photos! This was instant love for me!

    ReplyDelete
  32. OMG, that place seems to be perfect!
    I loved the blog!

    Kiss

    http://freakingbeautifulness.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  33. The little white is definitely a must have for the summer. You look great! xo

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the last dress.

    Let's follow each other??

    http://trendy-twins.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  35. That clutch bag is amazing.i want :)
    Love the blog,am following u now

    http://www.iheartfashion-styleaddict.blogspot.co.uk/
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  36. You look so beautiful!!!. I love your clutch.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I have a bajillion little black dresses and even one little red dress, but I have yet to own a little white dress. Shame on me!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  38. Such a cute dress, and I love the clutch!
    xo Jac
    thesunshinedistrict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I absolutely agree - the little white dress is just as essential as the little back dress and yours is gorgeous! I love the delicate detail on the shoulders :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  40. really loving the combination of that colorful clutch with the white dress!

    xx rae

    http://www.loveforschoolgirl.net/

    ReplyDelete
  41. i want the straw bag !!! So nice ! <3
    and lovely outfit :)
    xx
    http://cirqueduseneca.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete