Monday, 16 April 2012

Let’s talk about flats

Lanvin ballerinas
The “Shoes-Women” relationships are very complicated relationships in their core. In the duo shoes-myself high heels mostly monopolized the notion “shoes” suppressing all other representatives of this species and developed a massive influence on me. That is obvious from My Looks posts ( case in point here, here and here). I do not intend to talk shoes in general in this post. I have already done it (check out here). Plus if you are really interested in the physiological reasons behind women’s addiction to shoes, Leandra from the Manrepeller explored it better that any adherent of Freud or Jung.  

Leaving my masochistic (better to say footochistic) habits for a while and giving my poor little feet rest I drag a lonely pair or two of flats from my closet full of high heels. It’s pretty ridiculous to see how little of flat shoes I have in comparison with a monstrous amount of high heels. The rare happy moments my feet have are owned to the babies below. And yes, I even have a small wish list. Very tiny wish list which contains one pair of Lanvin ballerinas. But hell they are worth wishing for and spending money on!    
________________________________
Отношения “женщины-туфли” сложны и запутаны по своей сути. В паре “туфли-я” туфли на каблуках практически монополизировали понятие туфли, подавив всех других представителей данного вида, и развили невероятное влияние надо мной. Что, в принципе, очевидно из моих постов My Looks ( пример: здесь, здесь и здесь). В мои планы не входило говорить о туфлях в целом. Эту тему я уже затрагивала в этом посте. К тому же, если вас и вправду интересует психологическая подоплека женской зависимости от туфлей, Леандра из блога the Manrepeller произвела анализ данного феномена лучше, чем любой последователь Фреда или Юнга.
Иногда случается, что я оставляю свои мазохистские (а лучше сказать ступне-о-хистские) привычки и даю временный покой моим бедным, маленьким ступням, вытаскивая пару запыленных балеток из шкафа, заполненного каблуками. Количество туфлей без каблуков по сравнению с туфлями на каблуках смехотворно. Редким, счастливым моментам мои носочки и пяточки обязаны нижеследующим, вымирающим в моём шкафу представителям обуви без каблуков. Но дела обстоят не так уж плохо, у меня даже есть маленький список желаемых балеток. Ооочень маленький список, состоящий из одной пары Lanvin. Но, чёрт побери, эти балетки стоят и ожидания, и потраченных денег!

Givenchy flats
Handmade flats bought in London

TopShop loafers

Shine ballerinas

Flip Flops brought from Kenia
My happy feet!:)



24 comments:

  1. i love flats they r always so chic n comfy wit ne outfit!
    d shine ballerinas n topshop loafers r amazing! :)
    new post on my blog
    xx
    www.fshn4us.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those green ones are beautiful!

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those Topshop slipper flats, I have the studded pair :) I hope you will follow my blog :)

    Leopardinleather.blogspot.com

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you prefer heels (I try to prefer them as well but often it's not happening because of the weather or the occasion :P). I also think flats are really suitable for that outfit you're presenting here. the thing is when you know you have to walk MUCH you just can't pick high heels because this ends badly :D I actually have a dilemma right now when I start thinking about my trip to Prague. I have to choose my shoes but I'm confused! :P well, flats are definitely coming with me but I guess at least one pair of heels should join us ;)
    anyway, I loved that post!

    Maiken/
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  5. in love with the lanvin ballet shoes! great photos of you :)

    natzcracker

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love flats, I think they are the most confortable shoes :) They can be also really cool like yours. :)

    Just discovered your blog and I really like it, I love your bag in your previous outfit! :)

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually do tend to wear flats during the day (better for your body etc etc... the idea of my calves shrinking scares me to pieces).

    Regarding the Lanvin flats, I actually love them in picture but I tried them on once and I wasn't to crazy about them.. Maybe I'm weird!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always been a strictly heels kind of girl, but with Spring pretty much here I'm all about cute flat sandals. Love the post!

    -Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I much prefer flats to heels, so much easier to walk in! The Lanvin pair is so chic and the perfect neutral colour. You have a wonderful collection hun, liked who you've photographed it against the magazines.. P.S I probably didn't feature Kate's dress because I have a major phobia of polka dots, lol, sad but true :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cant wear heels, because it will probably look odd on someone my age! But I love flats, they are very cute and comfy..love your collection!:)
    Much love, Gabriele.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Обожаю балетки!!! Тем более их такой огромный выбор! Lanvin прекрасны!))

    http://irinatoropova.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a flats girl all the way. These are all lovely! Especially those handmade ones from london! I want some!! nice blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. TopShop loafers - I am totally in love with it <3
    I want it!!!!
    adriannaislookingforastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love flats.Look so cute. Like you`re blog. Thx for the comment.

    labellestyleandmakeupbook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing shoes! And I like your header-picture, it's taken in my hometown. Jij ook Rotterdammer?

    xoxo Sootjeelina <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Я раньше не признавала обувь без каблуков - была глупа, наверное.
    А потом всей душой полюбила балетки, которые пара за парой стали просачиваться в мой гардероб)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love flats too but some of them hurt my feet more than heels--it's always a bit of a struggle since heels just make your outfit look so much better, but flats feel so much nicer...haha--great post!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those Lanvin's are to die for!
    xo Jac
    thesunshinedistrict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's always good to have flats and not only heels. I like the Shine ones the most :)

    xxx
    - Laura
    http://ucouldbemysomeone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gosh hun, I've never really thought about the reason behind my insaaaaane shoe interest but Im going to be eagerly gobbling the article you mentioned above up! Im such a shoe fiend myself (especially for staced heels) so this is really interesting :P You lok very lovely here hun. All comfy in flats ^_^ The selection of shoes you picked out also has some pretty stellar pieces ^_^


    Eeli xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. понравилось, как ты пишешь о туфлях)) ты прямо как Керри Бредшоу))

    ReplyDelete
  22. Я вас понимаю: сама испытываю сильнейшую зависимость от своей обуви. К сожалению, слово "удобство" не из моего лексикона(

    ReplyDelete
  23. i should wear flats more often ^^ love the loafers!

    xx

    ReplyDelete