Friday, 2 March 2012

Accessories: "Make-A-Statement" necklace

Roberta Freymann by Olivia Palermo
Some things we don’t chose. They chose us. By one or another reason I always get picked up by jewellery. They look at me with their crystal baby eyes and I think “Well it does not matter if I WANT or DON’T want to have it. I just HAVE to. It’s a destiny, something what was decided long ago”. It may be an excuse of mine but I let myself be talked into it.  
If a statement is made I prefer it to be made with a necklace. I tend to fall for pieces which add a wow factor to my wardrobe staples. Both an extremely simple necklace made of the oversized linen beads lined up on a black silky string and a refined masterpiece created from chunky crystals and sequins hold an uber chic appeal to me.  One can be used to dress down a cocktail dress for a day-time look, another to dress up an office outfit for an evening soiree.
The result = a high-impact look which is impossible to ignore.

My absolute favourites are  uniquely crafted pieces by Holst+ Lee featuring remarkable mix of techno-tribal prints & details which successfully co-exist along with the neon bright colours. The necklaces are nothing but eye-catching. Roberta Freymann’s designs hold my heart not less than Hostl+Lee’s. The true treasures for a globetrotter of any age, Freymann’s necklaces combine lady-like chic  with a playfulness of colourful patterns.
___________________________
 Некоторые вещи мы не выбираем. Они выбирают нас. Так уж исторически сложилось, что украшения не могут пройти мимо меня. Они заискивающе смотрят мне в глаза своими хрустальными бусинками, и в голове у меня проносится: “ Не важно, хочу ли я иметь эту вещь или нет. Я обязана ее купить, т.к. все это было решено давным-давно за меня самой судьбой”. Не исключаю, что это всего лишь удобный предлог, используемый мной. Тем не менее  я всегда ловлюсь на одну и ту же прекрасную удочку.

Я придерживаюсь мнения: если и делать публичное заявление, то делать его при помощи ожерелья. И простое ожерелье из нанизанных одна на другую крупных льняных бусин, и изысканное из массивных кристаллов и металлических пайеткок - оба обладают приглушенным шиком и несут для меня неизбежную привлекательность. Одно придаст коктейльному платью простоту, соответствующую  дневной встрече за чашкой кофе, другое утонченность офисному костюму, подобающую званому вечеру. Результат – стильный наряд, который невозможно игнорировать.

Моими бесспорными фаворитами стали ожерелья марки Holst+ Lee, являющие уникальное сочетание ярких цветов, принтов, навеянных доисторическими мотивами, и неожиданных элементов, как болты, например. Украшения дизайнера Roberta Freymann покорили мое сердце ничуть не меньше, чем работы дизайнеров Holst и  Lee. Ожерелья мисс Freymann представляют уникальный баланс “свободного духа” путешественника и шика истинной леди.

Pieces from my own collection
Vintage necklace, Zara, Marni

My lusts
All necklaces Holst + Lee

Marni for H&M, Marni for H&M, MaxMara

Lanvin, Shourouk, Weekend by MaxMara

28 comments:

  1. I love a good statement necklace, I'm just not good at picking them out. you're right about it being high-impact. Your personal collection is beautiful and Iike the colourful Holst & Lee ones and the white one from Marni

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those holst and lee necklaces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have really great taste :) Love the pieces that you already own.
    Sarah
    http://comingunstitched.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the necklace which Olivia Palermo has designed - it's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the necklaces!! Very inspiring.

    xoxo,
    thelivingcloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your choices and your own collection! Marni always makes my heart skip a beat and I wish I could own several pieces from circa 2008-2009 (also a very good season for Dries jewellery). I actually made a Marni-inspired necklace a couple of years ago - there was a post about it on my blog last year in case you feel like having a look (it's called Inspired by Marni, created by me)
    It's sweet how your jewellery picks you - I have the same problem with shoes and lingerie. :D
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, yes, sometimes jewellery picks us, and not the other way round. ;)
    I love the picks! They are such great statement necklaces!
    Much love, Gabriele. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. cool blog!

    i follow you since now! follow me too if you want

    xoxo
    www.inspiredintheworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The necklaces all look gorgeous <3
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely amazing necklaces!
    Wish you a great weekend sweetie!
    xoxo,
    Fashionhypnotised girl

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't wear necklaces very often but I loved that post for sure! your three necklaces are so beautiful and special. well, so are many of the other picks you've selected to show us. I would love to see the collection from Marni to H&M, at least those necklaces look so promising :P

    Maiken/
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all gorgeous! I love statement necklaces :)

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely necklaces! Wish you a wonderful weekend dear! ♥XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  14. love these necklaces!

    http://rueoh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. pretty necklaces! I want them all too!

    Babi
    www.whenbabispeaks.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Очень люблю подобные ожерелья! даже попробовала сделать сама нечто подобное:))

    ReplyDelete
  17. amazing necklaces!

    your newest follower Michelle
    http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love pieces from your collection and I love your wishlist!!:) Everything is so pretty and attractive!! Enjoy your weekend hun!
    kisses

    Jelena
    glamfabchameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just bought a statement necklace as well. I don't wear that much necklaces but I thought I should give it a shot :-) I love your collection! Are you going to buy one from Marni for H&M? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm eyeing already for quite a while these beautiful flower necklaces! I also plan to hunt some clothes from the collection:) You?

      Xx

      Alexandra

      Delete
  20. Hey there! I'm also Russian, living in Canada! I travel, study marketing and love culture.

    Come visit me, would love to be in touch mutually!

    A

    http://definitelyanna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where do u study An? I'm Carleton U alumna;) Love Canada~!

      Xx

      Alexandra

      Delete
  21. You made a great selection! If there is something I find difficult to resist is a great statement necklace! And I really hope I manage to get my hands on the Marni for H&M collaboration as I love almost all the accessory pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love these necklaces! Great picks, girl xoxo

    http://styleitup-eva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Наконец-то увидела твой пост) Я сейчас начала отвечать на комментарии к посту Chopard press conference, и сразу же забежала к тебе ;)

    Я тоже к лету хочу запастись новыми statement necklaces.. Они сразу преображают любой наряд

    ReplyDelete