Tuesday, 20 December 2011

New in: In Vogue

It’s still 4 days to go before Christmas but I’ve already been receiving some presents.
Yesterday I got a few jewels to be added to my book collection. Among of them is an amazing book “In Vogue” by Norberto Angeletti and Alberto Olivia. “In Vogue” is a fascinating, mesmerizing and utmost beautiful look back though more than 100 years of  history of the world’s most famous fashion magazine. The book features the work of some of the twentieth century's most respected artists, cover illustrators, photographers and writers. I truly can’t get my eyes off of it. Below are a few of my favourite photos from the book. Or shall I say the Fashion Bible?
Thank you Dear Santa!
__________________________________________________
Хотя до Нового Года впереди еще около 1.5 недель, я уже начала получать подарки. Вчера к моей коллекции книг прибавилось пару жемчужин, включая книгу Norberto Angeletti и  Alberto Olivia  In Vogue”. “In Vogue” это захватывающий, пленяющий и завораживающий взгляд назад, на историю всемирно известного журнала.  В книге запечатлены работы одних из самых выдающихся  художников, фотографов, писателей и иллюстраторов ХХ века.  Я не могу оторвать глаз от этой книги или, лучше сказать, Библии Моды. Внизу несколько страниц, полностью покоривших моё воображение.
Спасибо, Дедушка Мороз!

Some of the received gifts including "In Vogue" book

"In Vogue" by N. Angeletti & A. Olivia




Dior model

Year 1948 Louis Armstrong and Truman Capote

Marilyn Monroe

Michelle Williams is absolutely right there is something in Marilyn which creates a need to protect her

Kate Moss by Irving Penn


27 comments:

  1. that vogue book is such a must-have! so much inspiration between those pages.

    xx // themerrimari.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, such chic presents! that book looks really interesting and the photos are beautiful of course :) you're certainly a lucky girl ;)

    Maiken/
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a great present ! Endless inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  4. Люблю ретро-фото!!! Отличный выбор!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is lovely! These pictures are fantastic! Absolutely stunning!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grab yourself a free sample of Maybeline Mascara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a beautiful book!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome pictures! :)

    www.sammy-city.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG I NEED THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A perfect Xmas gift for any fashionista. It is an amazing treasure to have

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been wanting this book! It looks really interesting.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh magnificent gifts, u gonna start the new year with a high style!;)
    kisses
    Jelena (glamfabchameleon.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  13. great pics!Thanks a lot for your comment!I'm following you now!

    xoxo
    Faby

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH OH OHHHH I Loveeeee the dress that you entitled dior model. That vintage dress is GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Мне все их книги по душе.VOGUE fashion тоже есть у меня)
    вообще фэшн-альбомы это супер подарки для себя:)

    http://acupofmary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for your comment honey!
    Great presents, I'm quite jealous of you, want this book as well!

    http://kiwipferdchen.de.vu

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow i love the shot with the tree!
    now a follower of your lovely blog :)
    xx

    follow back? eyespyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. woww looks amazing! I'm a big fan of books too!
    love spending ours with them, I'm already building my collection so when I move to my own apartment I can have all the wall full with books :P
    Happy christmas beauty ;)
    xx

    http://thegoldenpaillettes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for you very sweet comment on my blog dear! I like your blog, glad i found it. Following you! Happy holiday and have a great Christmas, lovely pictures, its interesting! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really cool!

    im following on google connection. Hope you do the same :)
    MY BLOG: Dress Up For Armageddon

    ReplyDelete
  21. great book!

    http://rueoh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey! You Aldo got some SYL bangkes! I work in the SYL team! We actually always publishnon our FB wall the pictures from the blogs that collaborate with us! Could I publish yours too? I would put your link too of course! I love the combination with the Vogue book!
    let me know!
    xoxo
    Giorgia
    www.gvn-styleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. really inspiring photos
    I love kate moss!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful & inspiring photos!
    www.fifthnsixthcloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. you're one lucky girl to get that book! lovely present



    http://intoxicatedchameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. That long white gown is stunniiiing! I love books like this. This is such good gift to request. let's see if I have time.. or if someone I know thinks about getting me this :)
    Thanks for the lovely comment!

    xoxo,
    LMQ

    ReplyDelete