Saturday, 26 November 2011

Travelling: A luggage tale


Once upon a time there was a suitcase: pretty ordinary, in a pretty borring black color, with the pretty normal two wheels. But this suitcase got very special life story. It’s travelled with its “boss” all around the world from Canada to Russia, from Latin America to the US, from Finland to Italy. It’s seen countless amounts of European airports. It’s been lost and it’s been found. Stuff was added to and taken away from it, but the suitcase always remains the same.
The light blue ribbon on it has turned into a grey something reminding a shoe string more than a pretty ribbon. Its two wheels start making an awkward cracking sound any time they turn. But somehow the suitcase seems to be an old good friend. And as you know an old friend is better than two new friends. So here we are again packed and ready to explore new places, meet new people, and gain new experience. My trip always gets a bit better when I see this old suitcase rolling after me as a faithful dog.
____________________________________________________________
История о багаже
Жил был чемодан, очень заурядный, скучного черного цвета, с парой простых колес. Но история этого чемодана никак не может быть названа обычной. Он путешествовал со своей хозяйкой по всему миру, преодолев расстояния от Канады до России, от Кубы до Штатов, от Финляндии до Италии. За свою такую долгую для багажа жизнь чемодан видел несчетное количество европейских аэропортов. Его теряли и находили, в него добавлялись какие-то вещи и изымали, а он оставался все таким же черным, на вид очень заурядным чемоданом.

Светло-голубая ленточка, повязанная на нем, уже давно превратилась в нечто, больше походящее на серый шнурок, чем на праздничную ленточку. Его колеса разболтались, заржавели и стали издавать смущающий, скрипящий звук. И, тем не менее, каким-то образом чемодан это все больше и больше стал напоминать старого, доброго друга. А как вы знаете, старый друг лучше новых двух. И вот он снова собран и готов к открытию новых мест, встрече с новыми людьми и приобретению новых впечатлений.  И когда мой чемодан катится так послушно за мной, как верный пес, я знаю, что моя поездка удастся.

33 comments:

  1. You bought it eventually :-) the leopard purse :-) love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a pretty color for a moleskine! :)
    I also think that velvet heels or shoes are stunning and pretty much dress you entierely.

    Btw, Cute relationship the one you have with your suitcase!
    xx
    http://niceandwarmer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice blog check out mine? :) http://pearlsdiamondsandfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely post! love the way is written :D
    xx

    http://thegoldenpaillettes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the leopard purse and shoes, it's a basic thing in lugagge if you wanna look classy :) Following.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved that cute little story :) btw, I personally don't even own a proper suitcase.. when I visited Crete last year then I managed to destroy the wheels somehow :P
    anyway, looking forward to hearing all about your trip!

    Maiken/
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) i have a moleskine on that color and i love the leopard things.

    Love,
    www.chicksinfeathers.co.cc

    ReplyDelete
  8. aw cute post! :)

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantasticly written post - I travel a lot to and related to this as although my 'friend' and I havent yet seen as many amazing places you and yours have, we have a special owner/luggage bond and I cant bring myself to buy a new one, or replace the tatty green ribbon that has been on it since day 1.
    Heres to many more adventures with our unexpected luggage friends.

    Anna xo

    http://lifesshinyprettythings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a cute post! I love all the leopard in your luggage

    Check out my blog for a chance to win some Leopard print loafers!
    www.sugarfilledcloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This friend of yours is very adventurous!:D Love this story and suitcase's content!:)
    kisses
    xoxo
    Jelena (glamfabchameleon.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  12. awww this blog post is so sweet! :D love what im seeing in the bag though!
    http://spliffedcookies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a nice story! I really like your blog - definately following you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. :))) I must say you manage quite well with just ONE, not fully loaded luggage! I have at least...hmmm...10 big pieces that I am using..well not in the same time..I think the most I had 4 big ones and 2 hand ones. But it's crazy! indeed they follow us like little loving dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute post!

    http://fashioncareofwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. At least you have the opportunity to travel! And I think that is pretty awesome. I'm jealous. I wish that we could travel more.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww it's been everywhere with you! How amazing is that?!

    Wida
    Missing Amsie Blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. Like the leopard purse!

    http://rueoh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for your comment, cute post! Lovely purse and shoes :)

    http://chicgeekblogger.blogspot.com/

    Please take a minute to look at my trunkshow;

    http://iouproject.com/tsh/jessica-karen/

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is such an adorable post xoxo love it!

    -C

    {www.cait-flightlessbird.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this post!!! Too cute!! :-)
    http://fashiondiarylooks4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. very well written! Have a lovely journey!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love how chic everything is, mine is usually just such a big mess you can't even see what's in there! Have safe travels love :)

    Alexandra xo

    http://tovogueorbust.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow, I love this purse! xoxox.
    silviajani.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. cute story! i have a suitcase that has been to so many different countries with me. it has served me so well, still would but i figured i have to get a newer one that would be lighter since my old one weighed about 5 kilos which with a 20-kilo-limit is too much. i feel bad for my cute suitcase for not getting to travel with me anymore but at the same time im happy to show the world to my new, lighter suitcase :) childish eh?
    can't wait to see your travel photos!

    ReplyDelete
  26. aww, i loved reading about this luggage's tale! and i love how you said that an old friend is better than two new ones. :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    $100 Shopbop Gift Card Giveaway

    ReplyDelete