Friday, 18 November 2011

Travelling: Amsterdam



Amsterdam, where I’ve begun my Dutch journey, seldomly crosses my mind after I’ve moved to Rotterdam. Yet when on occasion I’m in the city I immediately sink into the open arms of its freedom and cosiness. The old sloped houses along the channels winkle friendly to me with the open windows. The little cafes awkwardly nestled on each and every corner gently beckon me by the fresh coffee aroma. And some senseless items, like an old bath filled with flower pots or pink balloons tied to the porch which I run into on a regular basis make me feel somehow at home.
Amsterdam is free till its core. It’s a place where bikers have become Flying Dutch men and a danger to the car drivers, where people are cheerfully whistling when it’s raining, where the past and future are mingled and become the presence. Amsterdam is the city where life tired of running around sits down and smiles content to people with all its beauty.
And does it matter now that I’ve moved out? There always will be a little place in my heart forever given to a dot on the map called Amsterdam.
______________________________________________________
После того, как я переехала в Роттердам, Амстердам редко занимает мои мысли. Но в те редкие дни, когда я приезжаю в этот город, я моментально погружаюсь в его объятия наполненные свободой и уютом. Старые покосившиеся дома вдоль каналов приветливо улыбаются мне своими открытыми окнами. Неумело примостившиеся на каждом углу маленькие кафе безвредно манят меня ароматом свежезаваренного кофе. А бесполезные предметы, на которые я натыкаюсь время от времени, вроде ржавой ванны, заполненной цветочными горшками, или привязанных к порогу розовых шариков, каким-то образом заставляют чувствовать меня как дома.
Амстердам дышит свободой. Это место, где велосипедисты превратились в Летучих Голландцев и представляют угрозу водителям автомобилей; где люди радостно насвистывают какую-то полузабытую мелодию, шагая под проливным дождем; где вчера и завтра смещались и превратились в сегодня. Амстердам это город, где жизнь, уставшая от беготни и суеты, присела на скамейку и удовлетворенно улыбается людям всей своей красотой.
И имеет ли какой-либо смысл то, что я переехала? Ведь в моем сердце навсегда останется место для точки на карте под названием Амстердам. 

Xx
Alexandra

For the amazing photo's I thank my beautiful friend Marta and always helpful www.weheartit.com

33 comments:

  1. Супер! Очень хочется побывать в Амстердаме и прогуляться вдоль каналов. Каждый город таит в себе определенную атмосферу и энергетику, из твоего рассказа поняла что-то в Амстердаме она очень своеобразна...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You write so beautifully. This makes me want to visit Amsterdam. The pictures are so gorgeous!
    Sarah
    http://comingunstitched.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. preciosas fotos! ^^

    http://blythelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my best friends used to live in Amsterdam and I loved spending the w-e there in the magic atmosphere of the canals. BTW, catching up with your posts and just wanted to say (with some delay...sorry!) that I really liked the vintage one: beautiful colourful scarf and yellow skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely post, I like these photos! Sound like so much fun!!

    Take a look and if you like follow me, I’ll be waiting for you: Cosa mi metto???
    Enter the Shopkempt giveaway on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so jealous! i've always heard it's such a beautiful city!

    have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, how awesome are those photos! and your descriptions too of course :)
    I would really and truly love to visit that city some day..

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing photos!!! i lovee amsterdam!

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. great photos dear!like amsterdarm=)
    xoxo!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for visiting my blog!
    Like this collage of Amsterdam and like your blog!
    Follow you :)

    http://rueoh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. You meke me remember my lat visit in Amsterdam (2 years ago), you write beautifully!
    Great pics as well!
    xxx
    S
    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I traveled to Holland last year and I do not liked it so much ... Amsterdam is beautiful, but I figured it was even more, and I was disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am in LOVE with Amsterdam... I have been a few times. I love the architecture there, and obviously, the canals.

    xo everything-pretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. скучаю очень по Амстеру)) скорее бы вернуться туда,на зимние уже морозные улочки

    ReplyDelete
  15. I visited Amsterdan once and I loved it. Beautiful city and beautiful people too. Thanks for following my blog, I´m following you back in GFC. Great pictures.Kisses from www.stylepicture.blogapot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. wowww, I want to be there!, xoxox.

    silviajani.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wanna go :) love this post! I'm following

    Check my blog and follow me if you like :)

    Have a great weekend!

    xx

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amsterdam seems like a wonderful city! i'd really love to travel there some day :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love amsterdam to!:)
    http://hotchocolate-hotchocolate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. wonderful ! Amsterdam is great, Europe is splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How gorgeous is this place? I would love to visit. Take me with you next time? :)

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  22. thanks for your lovely comment :D
    I'm loving this pictures! amsterdam is a great city! I have been there just once but hope to go back soon!!!
    xx

    http://thegoldenpaillettes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. it is one of the citys that i want to visit this year
    kisses from Spain
    http://elarmariodepispi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi,

    I was looking for interesting blog to follow and I found yours.
    I hope you can visit and follow me too! See you on my blog!

    Have a great day!

    Regards,
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautifully written piece - those photos do your words perfect justice. I'll be visiting Amsterdamn next year with my bf and this post just makes me that more excited :)

    Anna xo

    http://www.lifesshinyprettythings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. so fun. love this. thanks for sharing, love. I hope you had a fabulous weekend. I've got a new outfit post inspired by Marilyn Monroe. Love to hear what you think. xo

    http://fashboulevard.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Really beautiful pictures! I've been in Amestrdam some years ago, it's really nice.

    http://thestyleattitude.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful pictures, thanks for the virtual tour.;D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sashul you write so beautiful. I wanna go to Amstedam now. Miss our times there.

    ReplyDelete
  30. i really like your iPhone case! great :)

    ReplyDelete