Thursday, 11 August 2011

Summer 2011


It’s august, the end of summer...at least it seems so here, in the Netherlands. The first yellow leaves start falling on the roads, the days become shorter and colder, the S/S collection once admired and wanted is hanging lonely in the corners of shops under the out of color sign “sales”, magazines are full with the trends from the new season and slowly we start to unpack boxes with warm boots and wool sweaters looking forward to long and cozy autumn evenings.  But before saying a farewell to the summer 2011 I want to look back and put together all the greatest moments and best trends of it.  



Remember the movie: Ten things I hate about you? Sure you do! I’m going to write down ten things I LOVED about the summer of 2011!

1)The main reason is just because it’s summer! Simple as it is but summer is the best medicine from any  problem or melancholy!
2) I loved the summer  of 2011 for its bright and vivid hues brought by the color-blocking trend.
3) I loved the summer of 2011 for my amazing trips: the most remarkable weekend get-away to Portugal, the nicest city trip with my mum to Copenhagen and my vacation at Cote d’Azur. It was more than gorgeous. My breath was taken away by the beauty of the place.
4) I loved the summer of 2011 for the tons of white I could wear
5) I loved the summer of 2011 for the most fabulous Resort Collection Karl Lagerfeld has ever done for Chanel
6) I loved the summer of 2011 for the comeback of preppiness
7) I loved the summer of 2011 for the stunning trend of the bright mat lips and sunny nails
8) I loved the summer of 2011 for the super yammi daiquiris I was drinking
9) I loved the summer of 2011 for the great shopping I had
10) I loved the summer of 2011 for the impact Blake Lively made being truly the IT girl of this summer
And finally (I know I already have my ten things but still...)finally I loved it for being happy, laughing a lot and absolutely enjoying life!
-----------
Помните фильм “Десять причин моей ненависти” ? Я же записала ниже десять причин чем мне так полюбилось это лето.
1)      Первая и главная причина – потому что это лето. Банально но факт, лето – лучшее лекарство от любых проблем и депрессий.
2)      Вторая – яркие оттенки и цвета, ворвавшиеся с тенденцией color-blocking.
3)      Третья – все мои поездки: восхитительная поездка на выходной в солнечную Португалию, незабываемый мини отпуск в Копенгагене с моей мамой и, конечно, ни с чем не сравнимое путешествие через Францию на Лазурный Берег, от красоты которого у меня замирало сердце и сбивалось дыхание.
4)      Четвертая - море белого, белого цвета, который я с удовольствием носила все лето
5)      Пятая – потрясающая коллекция Chanel Resort Collection 2011, наверное, одна из лучших, которую когда-либо Карл Лагерфельд создал для данного дома моды.
6)      Шестая – возврат стиля preppy
7)      Седьмая – матовая помада и солнечно-желтый лак для ногтей
8)      Восьмая – Дайкири, лучший напиток лета
9)      Девятая – шоппинг…все те красивые и радующие меня вещи, которые я купила этим летом
10)   Десятая – Блэйк Лайвли, которая стала единственной и неповторимой IT girl этого лета
И наконец (знаю, что все десять причин я уже написала, но все же…) я безумно люблю уходящее лето, лето 2011 за все те счастливые моменты, которые оно мне принесло.

Август – конец лета. Первые желтые листья падают на дорожки, дни становятся короче и прохладнее, весенне-летняя коллекция сиротливо весит в углах магазинов под выгоревшими надписями “распродажи”, журналы пестрят новинками грядущего сезона, и мы потихоньку начинаем доставать из коробок теплые сапоги и шерстяные свитера в ожидании длинных и уютных осенних вечеров. Но перед тем как попрощаться с летом 2011, я бы хотела оглянуться и еще раз отметить лучшие моменты и тенденции уходящего лета.

11 comments:

  1. love this post!!!

    New post on my blog!!!!
    www.thecurlylady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following u Dear great blog hope u follow back kisses I apreciated

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's many reason to love summer! :D In my place it's summer 24/7/365 :D Lovely post, hope you had a good day ahead :D

    XoXo

    http://pretzyness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your absolutely lovely comment, I'm glad you liked my blog
    Your blog is very nice too

    X Zoe X
    http://intrepidinspirations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just ran into your blog, and it's adorable :) You're so creative, and this post was so cute!! Summer definitely was great, and 10 things isn't nearly enough to cover half of it for me!!

    Anyways, hope you can check out my blog, and if you like..maybe follow??

    All the best!!

    Hannah

    http://patchoftulips.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your post is so cute and sweet!!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting!!

    xoxo
    Lizzo

    chewylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your ten reasons for loving summer & your mood boards are awesome!
    Follow each other? :)

    XO,
    Lucija

    withlovelucija.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bummer summer is coming to an end :(

    Blake lively was really the it girl for this summer. Love the whites and the color blocking trend.

    XoXo,
    Patience
    www.justpatience.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Грустно, что лето заканчивается.

    Ну а насчёт модных хитов - согласна, это был шикарный и яркий сезон)

    xxx
    Daria

    ReplyDelete