Monday, 1 August 2011

In my BAG: The mystery of a false bottom of a girl’s bag



Carrying around 5 kg in my purse, searching for 15min  in vain the car keys or the cell phone in my bag, digging out some receipts and boarding passes dated 2 years ago from my tote I finally got myself puzzled with a question: what does actually contain my bag?!

I threw a content of my latest favorite, my Zara beach tote to enlighten myself and the world and to uncover the mystery of the bag. The following items were among a lot of extra stuff my tote buried in its bottomless corners and pockets.
-          A wallet
-          A pen
-          Countless amount of coins and banknotes of different currency
-          Some aspirin
-          Sunglasses
-          Sunscreen
-          Hair sun protector
-          M.A.C. lip conditioner SPF 15 (I think somebody is obsessed with the sun protection…)
-          A sample of moisturizing cream Biotherm (who said that the samples are useless? It’s so convenient to though one in your bag and not to carry the whole bottle)
-          A blush
-          Two packs of gum
-          Extra flip flops (?????)
-          A bottle of water
-          Tissues
-          Nail file
-          Nail polisher
-          My business cards
-          “The beautiful and damned” by F. Scott Fitzgerald
-          An elastic
-          Dutch Elle
-          My car keys
-          YVL cream blush
-          Frey Wille bracelet
-          Blackberry
-          A hair brush


And it is not the end of the list, moreover come beach towels, some beautiful shells picked up randomly, pieces of papers with notes, receipts, candies, pins and so on and on…



I guess for quite some people it can seem as a madness to drag around all that stuff. But for me it’s a comforting idea to know that my bag is not only a pretty accessory but a universal carrier and I will have everything I need whenever required.
I should think of Hermione (yes, I also read Harry Potter) and her magic bag which contained everything including a library. Unfortunately mine purses/bags/totes/carriers/clutches/etc. are not so magical but I’m confident I could compete with Hermione in the amount of useful (no jokes) items stuffed in my bag.
Well, it does get really quite heavy but in the end of the day it is only positive – then I train my upper arms with few exercises using a bag as the weight.

Xx and don’t underestimate the endless possibilities of your bagsJ

Alexandra
___________________________________

Будучи постоянно в безрезультатных поисках ключей или телефона в недрах сумки, регулярно доставая из ее неведомых мне потайных закоулков посадочные талоны и чеки двухлетней давности, и нося в ней же около 5-6 кг, я наконец-таки задалась вопросом: что же содержит в себе моя сумка?
Перевернув вверх дном мою последнюю любимицу -  пляжную сумку Zara, я просветила себя и мир, раскрыв тайну ее содержания. Среди многих в ней нашли приют следующие предметы:
-          Кошелёк
-          Ручка
-          Бесчисленное количество монеток разных валют
-          Аспирин
-          Солнечные очки
-          Солнцезащитный крем
-          Спрей-защита от солнца для волос
-          M.A.C. кондиционер для губ SPF15 (последние предметы наталкивают на мысль, что
 кто-то серьёзно одержим защитой от солнца)
-          Пробник увлажняющего крема Biotherm (и кто сказал, что пробники бесполезны? По
 крайней мере не приходится носить с собой всю баночку, уже минус 250гр)
-           Румяна
-           2 пачки жвачки
-           Запасные шлёпки (????)
-           Носовые платки
-           Бутылка воды
-           Пилочка для ногтей
-           Лак для ногтей
-           Мои визитки
-           “Красивые и проклятые” Фитзжеральда
-           Резинка для волос
-           Голландский Elle
-           Ключи от машины
-           Румяна-крем Y.S.L.
-           Браслет Frey Wille
-           Blackberry
-           Расческа для волос
И это не конец списка, помимо того в моей сумке нашлись: пляжные полотенца, красивые ракушки, собранные где-то на берегу моря, кусочки бумаги с моими заметками, конфеты, невидимки для волос и т.д. и т.п.
Наверное,  для многих такой набор кажется как минимум странным. Но мне приятно осознавать, что моя сумка не только красивый, но и универсальный аксессуар, который позволяет мне иметь под рукой всё, что мне необходимо в любое время дня и ночи. 
Приходит на ум Гермиона (да, я тоже читала Гарри Поттера) и ее магическая сумка, в которую помещалось всё, включая библиотеку. К сожалению, мои сумки, клатчи, кошельки и сумочки не отличаются волшебными качествами, но, зато, я готова поспорить, что в них ничуть не меньше полезных и дельных вещей.
Надо признать, что моя сумка, и правда, внушительных объемов,  но и это неплохо, полезно для укрепления мышц рук.
Хх и не недооценивайте возможности ваших сумок.

13 comments:

  1. I allways love the what's in my bag posts! :-)
    Hope you are enjoying the French sun!!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha!what a nice post!It's nice to take a peek in somebody else's bag and to know that I'm not the only one who has her bag full with useful/useless things!;)


    Love,

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I have the same! It's probably a main reason why I love big bags - im those small ones you just can't put all necessary stuff. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girls,

    Thanks for your great comments! I should post regularly on what is in my bag;))) I'm always so curious about these sort of the posts! Thus I've decided to do myself! Hopefully you'll take a peek in my next bag post;)))

    Xx

    Alexandra

    http://fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that tote! I adore Zara too, they have the greatest separates for any fabulous wardrobe!
    I love your blog dear! You have such amazing style of words and creative posts, I'm a new follower!
    Would you follow me?
    xx, Maria
    www.avenuemaria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahaha, this post is so cool!!!Love it, thanks for sharing honey!
    http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, you have very nice bag =)

    http://maramasplace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. super cute bag! I like your blog, following you now :)

    xxx,

    Fashion Fractions

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone for your sweet comments!

    I'm working on the new posts to make your reading fun!;))

    Xx

    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love "What's in the bag" posts :)

    xx
    Jen

    http://belledecouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Niiice! And you keep banknotes in different currencies? Wow!

    I love big bags, too! \m/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to have old boarding passes, bandaids and all kinds of non-essentials lying around in my bag, too. Then it got to a point where I couldn't handle it anymore! I'm always wondering what other carry in their bags and this IFB project is such a great way to feed that curiosity!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice bag! Smiled when you mentioned Hermione's bag, was about to say it hehe.. can relate on banknotes and receipt, having hard time throwing them away. :)

    ReplyDelete