Thursday, 25 August 2011

FNO ... and don't forget your umbrella

FNO ... and don't forget your umbrella


Well, well I see some packing coming…this weekend I’m heading to Paris – more on that later –  in the meantime I’ve spotted an awesome  competitions of the  looks on Polyvore “FNO – Fashion Night Out”. Of course I could not resist and donned my own look, especially taking in mind that I am puzzled right now with what to take in my Paris get-away. And agree, what could be more fashionable than a night out in Paris? J  Naturally I was thinking about Paris (this is all I can think about latelyJ) while pulling this look off. Though I’m sure a girl wearing this outfit will look stunning no matter where she’s located. So what do we have here?
I like how the whole dressy-dressy attire created by a Lanvin black feather skirt is soothed  by a casual cotton T-Shirt.
The layered pendant  necklaces including a Skull & Dagger McQueen’s necklace make the look edgier, more interesting and complicated.
I opted for a vintage Chanel bag in mint for three different reasons: the bag gives a classy touch to the look, a rare mint color which was so popular on our nails a few seasons ago breaks up the grey and black palette of the outfit, and finally, it was added to the look just because I immediately fell in love with this vintage beauty.
The Alexander McQueen  booties, well do I need to give an extra explanation to something as gorgeous as these boots? I think they were specially designed to be worn with this outfit. It’s a match made in heaven.
Even though I see this outfit completed with a pair of J Crew leather gloves, I’m pretty sure that a pop of the Chanel red on the nails will add the desirable effect to the look and the mood.
The watch. I know that time flies fast when I’m having fun. Therefore I’m not allowed to step out of house without a watch. Most of the time I prefer either a vintage exemplar or a man’s watch. I love sneaking my boyfriend’s watch. You’ve all probably already noticed it on the “looks” posts J Here I chose this fabulous vintage Seiko in gold. Oh I’m in love with this pretty darling!
By pairing the headline “Our girls the faces of fashion” with a stunning photo of Natalia Vodianova I subtly stated the remarkable influence which the Russian women like Vodianova, Pivivarova, Duma, etc. have on the fashion world.
And finally what’s up with that umbrella? If you have ever been in Holland you probably know what the weather here is like – crazy. One second sun is shining the next second it’s raining cats and dogs. So if I learned one thing here, in the Netherlands it is never, ever to go out without an umbrella. Okey, okey this look was meant to be worn in Paris, but in the end of the day Paris is not so far from the Netherlands.   So, don’t forget your umbrella J
Так, так, грядут сборы…в эти выходные я еду в Париж, об этом позже, а между делом я заметила великолепный “конкурс”, если можно так назвать, на  PolyvoreFNOFashion Night Out”. Конечно же я не смогла устоять и создала свой коллаж. Учитывая, что я ломаю голову над тем, что же взять с собой в поездку, данный образ был вдохновлён Парижем и предназначен для него же . Хотя, я уверена, что в любом городе мира, независимо от месторасположения, такой наряд произведет впечатление. И так, что же у нас здесь…
Мне очень нравится, как простая хлопковая футболка смягчает чрезвычайно торжественный образ, созданный черной юбкой Lanvin.
Цепочки с подвесками и кулонами, включая подвеску Alexander McQueen “голова скелета”,   надетые в множество слоев, добавляют остроты, сложности и неоднозначности наряду.
Винтажная сумка Chanel мятно-зеленого цвета была выбрана мной по трем причинам: она придаст заключительный классический штрих наряду, редкий для сумки зелено-мятный цвет, который был неоднократно замечен на наших ноготках несколько сезонов назад, разбавляет серо-черную гамму, и наконец, я просто не смогла устоять, т.к. влюбилась с первого взгляда в это винтажное сокровище.
Ботильоны Alexander McQueen  … ну разве надо давать дополнительное объяснение чему-то настолько великолепному, как эти ботильоны? Они были как будто специально созданы для этого наряда.
И хотя я внесла в этот наряд перчатки J Crew, я считаю, что классический красный маникюр освежит как и наряд, так и настроение.
Часы, да, когда весело, время летит быстро, поэтому из дома мне без часов выходить не разрешается J Я предпочитаю либо винтажные часы, либо часы мужские. Все, наверное, заметили, как часто я их у своего молодого человека беру в безвременное пользование поносить. Для этого наряда я выбрала винтажную модель Seikо. Настоящая находка!
Сочитая заголовок “Our girls the faces of fashion” с мучительно красивой фотографией Натальи Водяновой, тем самым я хотела подчеркнуть влияние русских женщин, как Водянова, Пивоварова, Дума, на мир моды.
И наконец-то, причем тут зонтик? Если я чему-то и научилась в Голландии, так это тому, что НИКОГДА, никогда, никогда нельзя выходить из дома без зонта. Погода здесь в прямом смысле сошла сума. Одну минуту светит неумолимо палящее солнце, вторую идет проливной дождь. И хотя данный наряд предназначается для Парижа…в конце концов Париж всего лишь в нескольких часах езды от Голландии. Так что вооружаемся зонтами! J

14 comments:

  1. Oh Vodianova is stunning!!!!
    You all Russian girls are sooo beautiful!


    Xoxo,

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh have fun is Paris! lucky girl! would love to be at FNO in NYC that would be hella fun! xx
    ps. huge thanks for your sweet comments hun! people like you is why i love blogging!! <3

    http://www.iletaitunefois.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alexandra! Thanks for your comment on my blog! I like your blog and I follow you for sure! ;)
    I wait for you to be my follower!
    Kiss!

    ♥ Ylenia ♥

    Fashion Ave


    Facebook Page


    Twitter Page

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paris will be so much fun! I am going to FNO in London! I am so excited! <3 Jess
    SparksandFireworks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wish you much fun in Paris :the town of fashion!!!
    mieke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alexander McQueen booties...yes please! So lucky for you to get to go to FNO! How fun!

    ♥Abbey
    Along Abbey Road

    ReplyDelete
  7. Красотень!хорошо вам потусить в шикарном Париже!!!!! Завидую вам белой завистью!;-) Наташка

    ReplyDelete
  8. PARIS! I've always wanted to go visit Paris. I'm not entirely sure what you should take with you, but bring a bunch of cute dresses! :)

    I hope you have a great time.
    Have a great weekend!

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great inspiration, girl! Love those Wangs. Thank you for following my blog, def following you back..enjoy in Paris xoxo

    http://styleitup-eva.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I saw your comment only now, and I'm in Italy! but thank you a lot anyway! I came to Rotterdam too :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the FNO in Parisssss really miss it - your collage - it is so cool & creative - btw where are the pics of you in this outfit? The mint bag - is so fabulicioussssss.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. i really love the flats!
    im going to paris next month :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete