Friday, 17 June 2011

A bow to lady Inspiration

I thought it would be fair to dedicate my actual  first post to the person or better to say persons who inspired me all my life.
The first place goes of course to my amazing mum, the most beautiful woman I`ve ever known in my whole life.

Then, being true, comes Scarlett O`Hara…Oh, how many times I`ve seen ‘Gone With The Wind’, how many times I`ve mimicked her flirty smile, how many times I`ve repeated “I think about it tomorrow” when I was down! To say zillion not to say anything. I still secretly lust to get married wearing a dress a là Scarlett.
-----
Поклон его величеству вдохновению
 
Это будет вполне естественно и логично посвятить мою действительную первую запись людям, которые меня всегда вдохновляли.
Первое место по праву занимает моя восхитительная мама  -  самая красивая женщина, которую я знаю.
Второе место я раз и навсегда отдала Скарлетт О’Хара. Сколько раз я смотрела «Унесенные ветром», сколько раз я копировала ее флиртующую улыбку, сколько раз я повторяла «Я подумаю об этом завтра», когда на душе было нехорошо?! Сказать миллион – не сказать ничего! Как же волнует и восхищает ее образ – непокорный, сильный, своенравный! Где-то глубоко в душе я до сих пор лелею мечту выйти замуж в платье а ля Скарлетт.
However it would be too much for the moment. And here we come to my third muse Holly Golightly. Ja, ja, maybe it is a bit too obvious and expected, BUT isn`t Audrey Hepburn amazing as miss Golightly, is she?! And how up-to-date her style is, in spite of 50 years gap between now and Breakfast at Tiffany.  Oh, I would die to get my hands on that amazing black hat with a cream lace, forget-about-Monolo shoes and absolutely fabulous cat-eye sunnies! I truly believe that the girl who had a cat “Cat” will be inspiration for many fashionista`s in 10, 50 and 100 years as much as she is right now.
------

Хотя такие платья, и правда, подходят только для свадьбы, и для сегодняшнего дня это было бы немного чересчур. Па-бам!  Т ут-то и подошла очередь третьей музы Холли Голайтли! Да,да, может быть и ожидаемо, может быть и предсказуемо, но ведь  как чертовски хороша Одри Хепберн в роли мисс Голайтли! И насколько все костюмы фильма современны, несмотря на разницу в 50 лет между «сегодня» и «Завтраком у Тиффани». Уууу, что бы я только не отдала, чтоб заполучить ее шляпку с кремовой лентой, «забудь-о-Моноло» туфли и пару  тех великолепных солнечных очков! Уверена, что и через 10, 50 и 100 лет образ девушки с котом «Кот» будет также вдохновлять дизайнеров и публику, как и сейчас.

And in the meantime….this is  the look which I pulled off while going for breakfast … maybe even at Tiffany’ s J
Вот так, вдохновленная Холли Голайтли и Одри Хепберн в одном лице я отправилась на завтрак…и может даже на завтрак у Тиффани J



Dress worn as a top Sinequanone; skirt Zara (due to a vibe of old good 60-ies of this post, I`ve decided to play with the old items of my closet  for the shoot; the dress, skirt and bag are from collections of  few seasons ago and sadly are no longer available), jacket Banana Republic, shoes Kurt Geiger, bag Armani, sunglasses Furla, belt Mexx

4 comments:

  1. The hair and sunglasses are just SO Audrey! Love it!
    Xoxo
    Willemijn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your first blog post! Absolutely fabulous! Love the look & the post! You INSPIRE me Alexandra Samarina! For the past 8 years your impecable taste & amazing grace make me always go shopping & shop till I drop :) & I love it.

    Looking forward to your new post!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guys, Thanks a lot for your support and great words! I hope you`ll keep enjoying the blog!

    Xoxo

    Your blogging girl

    ReplyDelete